Saturday 5 October 2013

Make All The Socks!

Aden's sock may not have turned out perfectly but he likes it, just as I knew he would! I showed him it and he pulled it on over the socks he was already wearing. It fit better than I thought it would (even if it was over another sock) and he said they'll make great slippers in the winter - which is great because his Spider-Man slippers aren't going to fit much longer!

I'm now almost done the second one too, so he'll actually get to wear them soon!


We went to Chapters last night and, of course, went straight to the kids' section, losing Tyler along the way. When Tyler reappeared, he had a book in hand - Socks a la Carte: Colorwork by Jonelle Raffino & Katherine Cade. $9.99, from the bargain books section! SCORE! I opened it up and it has this beautiful section of pages separated into threes to show you mix-and-match sock patterns!

Oh my heavens, I needed this book! So Tyler even bought it for me. I sure am a lucky wife-to-be! I cannot wait to finish what I'm working on so I can make, oh, everything in here!


(And yes, that right there is a toe sock - I'm so freaking excited!)

No comments:

Post a Comment