Wednesday 2 October 2013

Former Foodie?

Something a lot of people don't know about me is that I really love to cook. I used to do a lot of it, and I'm usually super proud of my dinners!

But sadly, since I started my 9-5 three months ago, I haven't done much cooking (or, shamefully, anything around the house, really)!  I don't usually get home until after 6, and by then I just want to eat and go to bed!  I don't want to stand around cooking, and end up not eating until 7 - I'm usually starving the second I walk in the door - especially since I'm usually in bed before 9...... yes, like an old lady.

But today I'm hunting down some new recipes, and I'm hoping it'll reignite my desire to cook. Fingers crossed!  I figure if I can find things that only take like...20-30 minutes to make, I can deal with that. It won't be gourmet, of course (I can save the fancier stuff for the weekends), but anything will be better than takeout/going out for bar food or fast food! We are guilty of all of those things...and way too often!!

If anyone has any quick recipes they'd like to share, please do! I'll share my successes of course too!

Now if I could just find the motivation to do the dishes too....

No comments:

Post a Comment